The Environmental Film Festival SEMBRANDO CINE 2013 is now open for entries.
The Peruvian non-profit organization, Nomadas, invites you to submit your film and participate in the V Environmental Film Festival “SEMBRANDO CINE 2013”, which will be held in the city of Lima and other Peruvian towns and cities and will be divided in two stages:
1. From April 20th to the 23rd, and coinciding with the International Earth Day, the festival will be in parks of Lima and movie theatres of Lima and the provinces.
2. From June 1st to the 7th, and coinciding with the World Environment Day, “SEMBRANDO CINE” will be in movie theatres in Lima, and, all through June, it will travel to parks in different towns and cities of Peru.
Our goal is to create a space for showcasing, exchanging and reflecting on ideas –transmitted through fiction films and documentaries – that will build awareness about the importance of taking care of the environment and about the current issues that are affecting it.
During 4 days in April and 20 days in June, the audience will enjoy and will be moved by the best environmental films from all over the world.
“SEMBRANDO CINE 2013” will be in movie theatres in Lima and the rest of the country. A 7 meter tall inflatable screen will be installed in 6 parks of different districts of the Peruvian capital city and in 15 parks of different towns and cities. The entrance will be free of charge for everyone. Multiple ecological, artistic and academic activities, which will encourage people to take action in protecting the environment, will also be held during the festival.
DEADLINE FOR FILM AND ENTRY FORMS SUBMISSION (Latest date of postmark) – March 17, 2013
1. Any natural person or legal entity can participate, individually or collectively, of any nationality and with no age limit.
2. Only films that have been finished after January 1st 2011 can be submitted, but any of them may have been already released and/or part of other festivals and contests.
3. Only the person or entity which owns the rights of the film may enter and submit a film. The participant holds full responsibility for the truthfulness of this fact.
4 .Each participant may enter and submit more than one film, but it is required to fill out one entry form per film.
5. Documentary, fiction and/or animation films may be entered and submitted, and they may be of any length.
6. The films must be originally in Spanish or with subtitles in Spanish.
7. By entering a film the participant authorizes the film’s free screenings within the festival and renounces to any economical retribution for this concept. The films selected by the festival, and which have been correctly submitted, cannot be removed from the festival’s program.
8. The organizing committee of the festival will be able to use still images or up to 3 minutes of fragments of the film in any print, electronic or audiovisual media promoting the festival. If the film’s length is under 30 minutes, the fragments used will not exceed in 10% of its length.
9. The DVDs received for SEMBRANDO CINE 2013 can be used in other environmental or cultural screenings held by NOMADAS, with permission of the owner of the film’s exhibition rights.
HOW TO ENTER YOUR FILM
Entries are free of charge and will be open until MARCH 17 2013.
To enter a film you must:
1. Download the festival entry form available here. (doc format).
2 .A fully completed entry form per film you wish to submit must be submitted by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Submit by regular mail the following material:
– One COPY OF THE FILM in DVD format (NTSC or PAL)
– One CD with; at least three high-resolution digital film stills and one high-resolution digital photo of the film director. Minimum requirements: 2000 pixels wide, 600 kb, 300 dpi. Preferably jpeg.
Press kits and other promotional materials are welcome.
4.The submission of a film will be complete one all the material required has been received at the NOMADAS offices.
5.The material required must be in an package marked: NO COMMERCIAL VALUE, FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY and submitted to this address:
SEMBRANDO CINE 2013
San Ignacio 430, Urb. Cahuache.
San Luis, Lima 30
6.The costs of transport and submission of all material to the festival office is responsibility of the participant. We recommend certified or recommended regular mail. Nevertheless, if transportation is done by courier, we require that the exact weight be marked on the package. The declaration of an estimated or inexact weight will result in the imposition of a fine by the Peruvian Customs to the addressee.
7.By submitting and entry form for a film, the applicants accept these regulations for SEMBRANDO CINE.
Download an entry form here.
For more information: